LPL Financial was founded with a pioneering vision to help entrepreneurial Financial Advisors establish successful businesses through which they could offer truly independent financial guidance and advice. Today, LPL Financial is one of the nationís leading diversified financial services companies and the largest independent broker/dealer in the nation*, providing its Financial Advisors with the tools they need to offer the highest quality of independent investment advice.
Since its inception in 1989, LPL Financial has stood at the forefront of this growing market as the most truly independent firm in the industry. Independence at LPL Financial translates into more freedom of product choice, more quality service, more regulatory expertise, and more technological capabilities.
The one and only focus of LPL Financial is providing LPL Financial Advisors with the tools, training and support they need to offer professional advice to their clients.
LPL Financial Key Facts:
As of September 30, 2012
- Largest Independent broker/dealer in the country*
- $371.4 billion in brokerage and advisory assets
- 4.3 million funded client accounts
- 13,170 financial advisors supported nationwide
- 687 financial institutions
- Headquartered in Boston, Charlotte and San Diego
- 2,936 employees
- Net Revenue $2,716.8 million
- 4th largest broker/dealer in U.S. by revenue and number of advisors**
*Based on total revenues, Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2012
**Based on publically disclosed information as of June 30, 2012
Click Here for the LPL Financial Client Video.
For more information on LPL Financial, please visit their website at www.lpl.com.