At LPL Financial and Colorado Financial Partners, I assist individual investors in developing investment performance and risk management guidelines for equities, fixed income and mutual funds. A plan for managing the process is based on broad investment experience, applications of advanced financial analysis and computer technology, and a post graduate degree in Economics.
My career in financial services has included advising individual investors and small businesses; offering institutional equity and fixed-income securities to bank trust departments, insurance companies and asset management companies; and providing financial analysis for trust investments.
Specializations include financial needs analysis; asset allocation and rebalancing; portfolio evaluation; retirement planning including 401K plans, profit sharing plans and SEP/ IRA plans; tax advantaged investing; estate planning; and fee-based managed accounts.
Investment Plan Comments
“I believe that most financial plans must include but are not limited to :
- Suitable and realistic investment performance objectives
- Basic risk management and risk tolerance guidelines
- A long-term investment horizon
- Effective and timely communication with periodic plan reviews.”
Wedbush Securities, Vice President, Investments, 1999-2011
Piper Jaffray, Investment Executive, 1989-1999
Merrill Lynch, Financial Consultant, 1978-1989
MA, Economics, University of Colorado
BA, Economics and Mathematics, University of Denver
Personal sports bests include:
Playing on two conference championship college football teams at Valley City State University;
- On September 30, 2011, I was inducted into the school’s Sports Hall of Fame
- In 1989, I captained a USTA 4.5 level men’s tennis team which won a state tournament, a five-state regional tournament and played for a National Championship
- I have skied extensively in the Western US Including Aspen, Vail, and Winter Park
During my college years, I served on active military duty in the United States Air Force.
Current interests include running, working out, alpine skiing, reading military history and continuing education, and spending holidays with my family.
440 Indiana Street
Golden, CO 80401